Christine joined Kinetic Systems in 2012. Although she comes from a background in Computer Science, she has always had a passion for exercise. Christine became an avid runner many years ago, completing several half-and full marathons over the years. Unfortunately, lower back pain begun to settle in (stemming from a fall that happened during college) and so she eventually found a new outlet by teaching various fitness classes, which ultimately led to her becoming a personal trainer.
Christine has trained under the philosophy of Functional Movement and Corrective exercise for six years. The transformation it has made in her own life (no more chronic back pain!) inspired her to want to help others. She has been fortunate to see the results in her clients, ranging 24 – 70 year old, as they accomplished goals that they once thought were impossible. It’s rewarding for both trainer and client.
As Christine continues on her new career path, she is beginning to focus on athletic performance, strength and conditioning, and kettlebells..
CERTIFICATION / EDUCATION:
- National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT)
- Athletes’ Performance Institute, Certified and Trained
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS) – Level I & II
- Hardstyle Kettlebell (HKC)
- B.S. Computer Science – University of Maryland, University College